- Soil Conservation Board Meeting: 1st Wednesday of every month @5pm @USDA Office.
- Lee Co/Beattyville Tourism Board Meeting: 1st Thursday of every month @5:30pm @ Tourism Office.
- Church Yard Sale: 1st Saturday of every months: 9am-4pm @ New Springs United Methodist Church.
- City of Beattyville Council Meeting: 2nd Monday of every month @ 6pm @ City Hall.
- Lee Co School Board Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 6pm @ Lee Co Board of Education.
- Lee Co Fiscal Court: Every 2nd Thursday of every month @4pm @ Lee Co Courthouse.
- Three Forks Regional (Breathitt, Lee, Owsley, & Wolfe Counties) Jail Board Meeting: Every 2nd Thursday of the month @ 5:30pm @ Regional Jail.
- Lee Co/Beattyville Chamber of Commerce Meeting: 3rd Monday of every month @ Noon @ The Autumn Room.
- KRADD: 4th Wednesday of every month @ Noon @ The Center of Rural Development in Hazard.
- Lee Co Public Library: 4th Wednesday of every month @ 3:30pm @ library.
-Lee Co Kiwanis: Every Tuesday @ 6pm @ the Community Center on Happy Top.
Billy Roark, 28 and James Brown, 36, of Lee County, were found murdered on Hell Creek Road Friday, August 05. . Four suspects, Kevin Fabian Kendall, Kasandra K. White, Wesley T. Johnson, and Anthony T. Taylor, were booked into the Continue reading →
During the early 1990s the Navy made a decision that it was time to “right size”, a very politically correct way of saying reduce funding, facilities, and personnel to save money. Because, we had been, for Continue reading →
FRANKFORT, Ky. (May 26, 2016) – A new study led by the U.S. Geological Survey and published this week offers compelling evidence that amphibian populations across the country are declining at a rate of almost 4 percent per year. Continue reading →
The local Lee County Health Board met last week for the first time since July 2015 to present the upcoming annual budget for the local Health Department. A quorum was in attendance, with several members being absent for the Continue reading →
As of midnight, Wednesday June 15, the Lee County Ambulance Service will cease to exist as a public agency and McIntosh Ambulance Service of Breathitt County will assume all duties of the ambulance service including the $3,400 in payments for Continue reading →
Thursday morning’s Special Fiscal Court Meeting, a continuation of last week’s regular meeting, was meeting to deal with the crisis of the County being unable to afford an Ambulance Service, which brought out numerous Ambulance personnel, their supporters, two private Ambulance Services, and a visitor from the Estill County Ambulance Service. When the passionate discussions ended, the Fiscal Court decided the only solution to the crisis was to work out an agreement to turn over management of the Ambulance Service to McIntosh Ambulance Service for a year, until the decision can be brought before the voters on whether or not they want to raise taxes to support the Ambulance Service.
By Katy Bowman
Time. For some it flies by. For others, it slowly passes. Looking back on my time at Lee County Middle School, many wonderful memories come to mind. Next year, as we enter high school and become freshman, Continue reading →
Johnny Daryl Bishop Jr, age 22, of Beattyville, KY, passed away on Tuesday, April 5, 2016, in Beattyville, KY due to a house fire which also took the life of his fiancé, Samantha Daniels, and his unborn child. He Continue reading →