- Soil Conservation Board Meeting: 1st Wednesday of every month @5pm @USDA Office.
- Lee Co/Beattyville Tourism Board Meeting: 1st Thursday of every month @5:30pm @ Tourism Office.
- Church Yard Sale: 1st Saturday of every months: 9am-4pm @ New Springs United Methodist Church.
- City of Beattyville Council Meeting: 2nd Monday of every month @ 6pm @ City Hall.
- Lee Co School Board Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 6pm @ Lee Co Board of Education.
- Lee Co Fiscal Court: Every 2nd Thursday of every month @4pm @ Lee Co Courthouse.
- Three Forks Regional (Breathitt, Lee, Owsley, & Wolfe Counties) Jail Board Meeting: Every 2nd Thursday of the month @ 5:30pm @ Regional Jail.
- Lee Co/Beattyville Chamber of Commerce Meeting: 3rd Monday of every month @ Noon @ The Autumn Room.
- KRADD: 4th Wednesday of every month @ Noon @ The Center of Rural Development in Hazard.
- Lee Co Public Library: 4th Wednesday of every month @ 3:30pm @ library.
-Lee Co Kiwanis: Every Tuesday @ 6pm @ the Community Center on Happy Top.
With release of the 2015-16 State Accountability test data, Lee County School District was named a “District of Distinction.”Lee County was one of only 15 school districts in the state to earn this title.Despite reduced Continue reading →
After the less-than-expected beat down by Bama on the road in Tuscaloosa, a date with the Vanderbilt Commodores makes for the perfect homecoming. A bounce back UK victory over your perennial fellow SEC “dore”mats would be a Continue reading →
Margie (Horn) Shuler, the wife of James “Jimmy” Shuler of Beattyville, Kentucky and the daughter of the late Melvin and Anna Tipton Horn, was born in Richmond, Kentucky on December 22, 1955 and departed this life at her home Continue reading →
Over the last decade, we’ve seen hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on a downtown by-pass, and sidewalks to improve Main Street.We have told the state and federal government we want Continue reading →
I find it interesting to learn the definition of words that we assume we know their meaning. Take for instance a verse in Proverbs 22, verse 6, KJV. “Train up a child in the way he should Continue reading →
Matt Harris, owner of 40 Cal Customs in Alcoa, Tennessee is a bearded southern gentleman who is easy to laugh and will remind anyone who meets him, the cover of the book is only to catch your eye. The interesting Continue reading →